Thursday, February 5, 2009

Even I Make Mistakes

As much as it pains me to admit, I have made certain errors in past entries. That is what this entry is all about, rectifying those errors. I could have covertly gone in and changed what I wanted, but that would just be unfair to everyone. And before you ask, no, I didn’t make any errors in my Indianapolis Sucks entry (bunch of inbred hicks). Anyway, here are the three errors that I am attempting to fix.

1) Of Deathly Hallows and Season Finales

If you remember this entry, I pretty much lambasted the fact that Ginny Weasley ended up with Harry Potter. In said rant, I listed 5 girls who would have been better suited for the young wizard. Upon further review, I would like to change the list slightly. No, I’m not putting the Red Headed strumpet on the list. She resides somewhere around number 12, snuggled neatly between Pansy Parkinson (only because it would piss off Rowling) and Katie Bell (Quidditch chicks rule). No, I’m tossing Cho Chang out of the top 5, because she annoys me and seems too needy.

So, I am in need of a new number 3. This is going to shock some of you, but I’m giving the nod to Nymphadora Tonks. Okay, let’s get past the fact that she’s both married and dead and look at it rationally. One, there was some definite flirtation going on between the two during Order of the Phoenix. Two, the age difference in negligible, seeing has Harry is more mature for his age and she is less mature for her age. Plus, if you even want to use this argument, you have to throw water on her whole Remus Lupin storyline, seeing has his age difference with her is about double the age difference between her and Harry. Also, her feelings for Lupin are a product of Rowling’s out and out character manipulation in Half-Blood Prince and her need to pair off everyone for the sake of pairing them off.

2) Sith Lords, Guest Spots, and Other Thoughts

In my last entry, I listed my top 5 favorite guest stars. I’m tossing John Heard out, if only because he’s the only real weak link in the whole list. However, I’ll give him honorable mention along with Eric Balfour (your man if you need a scumbag) and Alan Dale (your man if you need a strict patriarch). So, who takes Heard’s spot?

Why, Sonya Walger of course. You Lost fans will no doubt recognize the indomitable Penny Widmore, Desmond Hume’s paramour and daughter of the dastardly Charles Widmore (played by Alan Dale). She also had roles in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (as the wife of Sarah’s former boyfriend) and Sleeper Cell (as an FBI Agent who gets beheaded by terrorists). She’s top notch, as long as you forget she was in the US version of Coupling.

3) The New and Premiering of 2009

In this entry, I listed the top 5 new or premiering TV shows I was looking forward to in 2009 (obviously, I have a problem with lists). At number 1, I listed Lost, and this was a gross error.

Lost operates on a whole other plain of existence from every other TV show. You can’t even call it TV. The way people explain acid trips from the 60’s is how I feel after watching an hour of Lost. You get flash-forwards, flashbacks, strange lights, talking dead people, and too much Matthew Fox.

The episode “Jug-head” that was on last week, it didn’t have any of the Oceanic 6, and it was probably one of the best episodes ever. And I still don’t completely grasp what happened. It’s just amazing stuff.

As a conclusion, my buddy Seamus told me he watched last week’s Lost and Battlestar Galactica back to back. He said it was a horrible mistake. You think? I do have to give him credit though. If I did that, my brain probably would have exploded.

No comments: