Friday, February 8, 2013

The Blizzard of 2013 - Post #4

Okay, so when I left work at noon, the only real problem was the wind.  Snow seemed only to gather on the grass, not on the sidewalks or roads.  That means that besides the face full of snow I was getting on the walk, I had no issues.

A lot has changed since then.  The snow is definitely coming down harder.  The sidewalks and roads are covered with snow but it's not deep.  Part of that may be due to the wind.  It's pushing the snow around and not letting it really accumulate in one area.  Looking at my parking lot, one car is covered with snow while the other looks barely touched and they've both been there the same amount of time.

Also, the governor ordered that all cars must be off the road by 4 PM.  Believe me, I wasn't planning on going anywhere.  I'm indoors, I'm warm, and I have plenty of beer.  I have no reason to leave.

I may check in later, assuming I still have power.

No comments: