Friday, February 8, 2013

The Blizzard of 2013 - Post #1

So, if you haven’t heard, Boston is supposed to be creamed by The Storm of the Century: 2013 Edition. I figured I would start posting entries covering the Blizzard at random points today and tomorrow. I’m doing this for posterity, because according to the news casts and warnings I’ve been reading, I may get trapped in my apartment for weeks and emerge into a post apocalyptic world that will strongly resemble the ice planet Hoth.


Last night, after battling the crowds to get my hands on some last minute provisions, I stayed glued to the local news go I can get the overinflated snow totals (33 inches!). I was told that there would be at least half an inch of snow on the ground when I woke up. After hitting the snooze button on my alarm about five times this morning, I climbed out of my warm bed and looked out the window. Nothing. This doesn’t bode well.

Unlike for Hurricane Sandy, my commute sucked because my bus was full of people and I had some fat woman next to me who kept squishing me against the window on the bus because she kept sliding into me on every turn. I think I have bruised ribs now.

Anyway, got to work without seeing a single snow flake. Lamest Blizzard Ever. I’ll check in later with more news.

No comments: