Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cedric Diggory, Foliage, and Other Thoughts

Enough of the fun and melodrama that is college football. Let’s get to some random thoughts for my non-sports related readers.

If you’ve watched TV, picked up a magazine, or have not slipped into a coma over the last 6 weeks, you’ve heard of that Twilight movie that’s coming out soon. I do have one question about it, and not being a mindless teen girl, I can’t answer it. Isn’t this already out in the form of that HBO show True Blood?

Speaking of Twilight, during one of the hundreds of commercials for it, I took a look at the lead actor and thought “he looks like the dude who played Cedric Diggory in Goblet of Fire, only strung out”. I mentioned this to the Duchess and she whole-heartedly agreed (about the Diggory part, not the strung out part). After checking IMDB, it turned out I was right (about the Diggory part, the jury is still out on the strung out part). To paraphrase a bunch of Harry Potter characters, “bloody pretty boy”.

Speaking of vampires, I haven’t watched True Blood, for one major reason. I can’t watch another vampire show where they change the rules up again. When I say rules, I mean the rules about vampires. I have to figure out if a stake to the heart will actually kill them or just paralyze them. I have to figure out if sunlight will just hurt them or make them burst into flames. It gets confusing after a while, and I don’t need that. I think we need hard and fast rules when it comes to vampires, so we all are on the same page.

Speaking of hell-spawn, I hate the local commuter rail. I don’t even think hate is a strong enough word. Last week, there was a delay on my ride home due to “Foliage”. No, I’m not joking, they actually said this over a loud speaker. Leaves delayed my ride home. You know, if there is a delay due to leaves, just lie to me and say a mechanical error. I’d still be pissed, but I would respect it more than freaking leaves!!!

Speaking of delays, my ride home last Friday was delayed even more because some mouth-breather decided to jump in of a speeding train to end his pathetic life. Listen, you want to end your life, be my guest. It’s one less person I have to worry about pissing me off due to object stupidity, but don’t fuck with my commute. It’s Friday, I just want to get home. With your one last act, you’ve managed to enrage a bunch of people who never knew you. Congrats on being a dumb-ass.

Speaking of dumb-asses, the last Trent’s Touchdown I mentioned that UNC would beat Georgia Tech. This drew the ire of some Georgia Tech fans, who proceeded to tell me that I know nothing about college football and that Georgia Tech is for real. Yeah, GT got hammered 28-7. I’m debating whether or not I’m a big enough man not to laugh.

Speaking of drawing ire, since the Duchess and I are married, we are talking about getting a family plan for cell phones. I was all for it, but I did have one thing I wanted. I wanted to get phones where we could both have personalized ringtone for each other. Her ringtone would have been “Crazy Bitch” by Buckcherry and my ringtone would have been “Pimpin Ain’t Easy” by Big Daddy Kane. She didn’t talk to me for the rest of the night.

One last thing, I’m not a big enough man. HA HA HA HA HA.

No comments: