Monday, July 21, 2008

The Revs, Agent Cody Banks, and Other Thoughts

As you could tell by my last entry, I have become a fast fan of Superliga 2008. So, after the Revs dispatched both Pachuca and Santos, I knew that all that stood between them and the next round was showing up in LA to play Chivas USA. Who knew that actually getting to LA safely would be the big question mark?

I can find this funny, since no one got hurt. Here’s what happened. On the flight out to LA, a man entered the bathroom, only to emerge without his clothes. Upon seeing this, the flight crew asked him to put his clothes back on. Of course, he complied. Then, he decided it was a little stuffy and tried to open the emergency exit….at 30,000 feet. This was when the Revs jumped into action. I think Shalrie Joseph came in with a legal sliding tackle while Steve Ralston came in and tried to slot his head in the upper right corner of the net. I’m not sure what is funnier? Was it the fact that the guy got buck naked, then put his clothes on when asked or was it the fact that the Revs team had to subdue this guy? There is some whacky crap going on. Anyway, after a delay that landed them in Oklahoma City, the Revs were back on their way to LA, where they managed a draw against Chivas to advance.

Here are two updates on defunct British pop groups from the 90’s and early 2000’s. One, I keep seeing ads for the stupid ass “The Singing Office” with Scary Spice and Joey Fatone. I think Scary needs to change her name to Busty Spice. Check out one of the ads sometime. It’s like they are trying to attract lonely guys who don’t get Skin-a-max to watch.

Two, I was recently checking out the BBC America website about the new sci-fi show “Primeval”. I mean, it’s British and sci-fi, it can’t be bad, can it? Of course, every time I say that, I think of “Hex” and a slight chill runs down my spine. But anyway, I saw that cast and thought to myself “hey, that blond looks familiar”. It turned out to be none other than Hannah Spearritt from S Club 7. I always figured “Agent Cody Banks 2” killed her career.

Last week on the train, I saw someone reading one of the pinko commie rags that flourish in this area and noticed a headline in the entertainment section. It said something along the lines that family sitcoms are lacking the laughter. Gee, really? Thanks for the news flash. Next thing you know, you’ll be telling me the sun is going to rise in the east. There hasn’t been a good family sitcom since the 80’s. Everything now just insults my intelligence with predictable storylines and old jokes (followed by the canned laughter). Anyway, no network gears programming toward families. Families aren’t were the money is at. Two words to prove that. Hannah Montana.

You know, most of my updates on this site are me relating to you about something that pisses me off, thereby giving me a constructive outlet in which to vent my anger, instead of bottling it all up then unexpectedly snap and beat someone to death with there cell phones as they blather on incessantly on the train while I’m trying to take a nap. Normally, this works like a charm. However, for some reason, I am still pissed about the ending of “Deathly Hallows”. I just can’t wrap my head around it. It’s like after 5 books, Rowling was just like “Screw it, I’m jamming Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ginny down everyone’s throat and they’ll like it”. That Harry/Ginny thing really came out of left field. Anyway, I’ve done two things along with my rant to help me out here. One, I ripped out the epilogue, mailed it to Rowling with a note saying “I believe this belongs to you.” Two, I’ve been hanging out at Portkey a little more than is healthy.

No comments: